Note: We are currently in a holding pattern as far as staffing is concerned. Lucid Engineering is always interested in exploring potential opportunities, but at the moment we do not have any immediate openings.
Lucid Engineering Ltd is always interested in speaking with Professional Engineers regarding work as a Machine Safety Consultant. Lucid Engineering has been providing machine safety consulting, Pre-start Health and Safety Reviews (PHSR), lockout tagout placards and related safety training for over 10 years. Due to current expanding work load and future retirement plans, we are looking to recruit an additional Machine Safety Consultant to enhance our team. This is an ideal position for an experienced project or process engineer who enjoys working in a manufacturing environment, but is looking for more flexibility and independence in their career.
Machine Safety Consultant responsibilities are to meet with our manufacturing clients to provide guidance, complete onsite inspections of equipment safeguarding systems and prepare Pre-start Health and Safety Reviews. This position allows for an exceptionally high level of autonomy and independence. Consultants may set their own hours to schedule client inspections and complete reports working from home. Attendance at the Lucid Engineering office in Toronto for staff meetings is expected once a week. Some overnight travel is required, but the bulk of our clients are located within a 1-2 hour drive of Toronto. This position requires an Ontario P.Eng. designation.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- P.Eng designation in Ontario or ability to obtain licensure within 2 months
- 6+ years engineering (mechanical or electrical) experience in a manufacturing or integration environment
- Familiar with Pre-start Health and Safety Reviews per Ontario Regulation 851 Section 7
- Knowledgeable of Functional Safety Concepts, CSA Z432 Safeguarding of Machinery and other machine safety standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Valid driver’s license and reliable car or other efficient means of traveling to client facilities for onsite inspections
- Valid passport and ability to travel out of Canada for client work as needed
- Comfortable with common office software and troubleshooting basic IT systems
Please email applications to email@example.com
Title header with Name and PEO membership number. Include cover letter in email text and attach resume in pdf format.
Only those considered for this position will be contacted.